Thursday, June 19, 2014

Spandex Eek!

I purchased a TYR trisuit a few weeks ago in anticipation of my race in July.  When it arrived in the mail I was so excited to try it on.  I got it out of the package and then found that it wouldn't go over my hips! Major kick to my ego.  I decided rather than send it back I would put it aside for a couple weeks and keep training and eating mostly according to Whole 30 guidelines. 

I'm down a few more pounds so I decided to try it on again this morning... and it fit! Snug but not uncomfortable.  It leaves nothing to the imagination... well not exactly true, with the compression fit and a sports bra I have absolutely no chest.  I'm not big to begin with and this suit makes me almost pancake flat! 

I also decided to try on a cute little running dress I had from the pre-Bean days that was way too snug a couple months ago.  It is now too big.  I love these non-scale victories.

Tonight is my first 5k of the season.  The Hartford Marathon Foundation's Riverfront Scramble.  I'm really looking forward to it, HMF always puts on a great race.

This weekend I'm doing the Down and Dirty Obstacle Run.  Hooray for mud!

I'm in a really bouncy, I love summer, kind of mood today.

31 days until the race! 


No comments:

Post a Comment