Thursday, July 3, 2014

Summer!

It is starting to feel hot hot hot.   Took the kiddos to pick strawberries this afternoon and I was dripping in sweat.  I'm getting excited about summer plans.  Race day is fast approaching and I already have two other tris in my mind for the summer.

Last weekend I wanted to practice transitions and open water swimming, so I headed to a nearby lake.  I think I did pretty well.  I got in a 20 minute swim without getting too freaked out by the lack of lines and walls.  Then I rode 7 miles and ran for about 10 minutes.  I just wanted to get a feel for doing all three things at once. 



Tuesday I did a nice brick workout where I took a spinning class and then immediately went for a three mile run. My legs felt like lead for the first 5 minutes of the run, but then I got into a nice groove.    I did a spinning class this morning and I'm looking forward to Aqua Zumba tonight.  It is hot, I want to get in that pool.

Two weekends ago I did a delightfully fun muddy obstacle course race, the Merrill Down and Dirty Obstacle Race with my friend laurel.  We had a blast, and unlike the Warrior Dash we did together a couple year ago, we were able to complete all the obstacles, no problem!  I can't wait for our Warrior Dash in July. 
I made the skirts, cause I'm crafty like that!

mud! lots and lots of mud.





No comments:

Post a Comment